Rhubarb Rose Infusion
Dark red rhubarb stalks are sliced and simmered in water with rosehips(which add that lemony tartness along with a dose of vitamin C!), then steeped with dried rose petals and fresh mint. It’s then strained, sweetened with raw honey, and chilled.
Prepare and serve with Wooden Utensils for a better taste.
Serves: 8 cups
- 2½ pounds Rhubarb, sliced into ½" pieces(use dark red stalks)
- 3 tablespoons Dried Rosehips
- 8 cups Water
- ¼ cup Dried Rose Petals(use organic)
- ⅔ cup Fresh Mint Leaves(I leave them on the trimmed stems)
- Raw Honey, to taste
- Place the rhubarb and rosehips in a large pot. Cover with water and bring just to a simmer over the stove. Cover the pot. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the mint and rose petals to the mixture. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pressing on the rhubarb to extract as much as possible without forcing it through the sieve. Discard the solids.
- Add honey to the mixture until desired sweetness is achieved.
- Serve over ice.
Recipe from The Kitchen Mccabe