Peanut Butter & Jelly Acai Bowl
Creamy, nutritious açaí bowls with banana, peanut butter, coconut milk, and spinach! A 4-ingredient healthy breakfast or snack that tastes like a milkshake!
TOTAL TIME : 10 minsINGREDIENTS:
- 2 packets frozen unsweetened acai (organic when possible)
- 1 1/2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter powder (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, almond, rice or other non-dairy milk
- 1 cup spinach (organic when possible)
1/4 cup mixed berries (optional)
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds/hemp seeds
Add frozen acai, frozen banana, peanut butter powder (or butter), and the lesser amount of dairy-free milk (1/4 cup as original recipe is written) to a blender. If adding spinach, add at this time, only added berries for purple color and recommend leaving them out for best flavor.
Blend on low, using a wooden spoon to push the fruit down. Smoothie bowls will be thick, so it takes them longer to blend. Continue blending, scraping down sides as needed, adding only as much dairy-free milk as it takes to help it form a thick smoothie texture.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more peanut butter powder (or butter) for peanut butter flavor, banana for sweetness, or berries for fruity flavor. The flavor should resemble a peanut butter banana smoothie, as the acai is quite subtle in flavor and slightly tart.
Divide between two serving bowls and garnish with desired toppings. Going with coconut, berries, banana, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and peanut butter.
Enjoy immediately - best when fresh! Freeze leftovers up to 2 weeks. Thaw to enjoy.
Recipe from Minimalist Baker