Batch Blueberry Pie Filling
How to make an easy homemade blueberry pie filling for one pie or dessert. Small batch recipe using fresh or frozen blueberries for a sweet and tarty treat. It tastes delicious when served with wooden spoons.
TIME: 25 mins
- 2 cups blueberry purée
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Make the blueberry purée using a blender.
- Whisk together the water and corn starch first, ensuring there are little to no lumps.
- Then mix the water/corn starch mixture together with the lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the puréed blueberries and whole blueberries to the mixture.
- Cook the entire mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add to an already cooked pie crust. Or if you're adding the pie filling to a chilled dessert, allow the filling to cool before doing so.